The goal of InfraGard is to promote ongoing dialogue and timely communication between members and the FBI.
All lnfraGard participants are committed to the premise that a robust exchange of information is essential to the protection of our Nation’s critical infrastructure. This exchange includes information on threats and actual attacks, whether they are physical or cyber-based, natural or man-made.
InfraGard members gain access to information that enables them to better protect their assets. It also provides members with a ready conduit to provide information to the FBI, or other government entities, that may help to prevent a terrorist attack or other crime, or remedy a vulnerability or unsafe situation.
This cooperative relationship fosters information sharing at the national and local level. InfraGard Kentucky’s mission objectives are as follows:
- Increase the level of information and reporting between InfraGard members and the FBI on matters related to counterterrorism, cyber crime and other major crimes.
- Increase interaction and information sharing among InfraGard members and the FBI regarding the threats and vulnerabilities to our critical infrastructures.
- Provide members value-added threat advisories, alerts, and warnings.
- Promote effective liaison with local, state and federal agencies, to include the Department of Homeland Security.
- Provide members a forum for education and training on counterterrorism, counterintelligence, cyber crime and other matters relevant to the protection of our State’s critical infrastructure, the Nation, and its U.S. interests abroad.